Medicare’s Annual Election Period (also called the Medicare annual enrollment period) began on Wednesday.
During this time, people on Medicare are free to enroll in, or make changes to their Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
Changes made during the enrollment period go into effect on January 1, 2015.
What’s the media buzzing about when it comes to the enrollment period? Here is a summary of recent new coverage:
- The Palm Beach Post, Medicare enrollment opens Wednesday, (10/15)
- Miami Herald, The Journey: Educate yourself during Medicare open enrollment, (10/14)
- The Washington Post, Once-a-year Medicare open enrollment allows switch in Advantage and drug plans, (10/13)
- Kiplinger, What You’ll Pay for Medicare in 2015, (10/10)
- Los Angeles Times, How to judge Medicare plans, (10/12)
- Marketwatch, Medicare open enrollment: It pays to get it right, (10/2)